Straight to talk phones / Straight Talk Phones.
- 1 Straight to talk phones / Straight Talk Phones.
- 2 Straight Talk phones and other devices
- 2.1 Straight Talk Pros and Cons
- 2.2 Pros and cons of Straight Talk cell phone service
- 2.3 Straight Talk Cell Phone Plans
- 2.4 Straight Talk Unlimited 3GB Plan
- 2.5 Straight Talk Unlimited Data Plan
- 2.6 Straight to Talk Phones Ultimate Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone XR 64GB
- 3 How good is StraightTalk Phones performance?
- 4 Straight Talk customer service
- 5 Is Straight Talk overall good?
- 6 Straight Talk Plans and pricing
- 7 Straight Talk Network partners
- 8 Phone options
- 9 Call and text
- 10 Straight Talk Internet speeds
- 11 Customer service
- 12 Straight Talk Phones
- 13 The Bad
- 14 FAQs
- 14.0.1 Q: Does Straight Talk have overage charges or hidden fees?
- 14.0.2 Q: Does Straight Talk charge an activation fee?
- 14.0.3 Q: Should I get a warranty or insurance for my Straight Talk phone?
- 14.0.4 Q: Does Straight Talk let you bring your phone?
- 14.0.5 Q: Can I keep my phone number?
- 14.0.6 Q: What’s Straight Talk’s return policy?
- 14.0.7 Q: Does Straight Talk have a military or student discount?
- 14.0.8 Q: Who do I contact if I have questions about ordering a phone or phone?
- 14.0.9 Q: If I have questions about my wireless service, activation, billing, coverage or wireless capabilities, who should I contact?
- 14.0.10 Q: If I purchase a phone from Straighttalksmartpay.com, are there any special offers?
- 14.0.11 Q: If I purchase a phone where do I buy a SIM card and plan?
- 14.0.12 Q: I am already a StraightTalk Wireless customer, can I purchase a new phone and use my existing service?
- 14.0.13 Q: What comes with the phone when I order online?
- 14.0.14 Q: If I want to use my phone, how do I know if it is unlocked?
- 14.0.15 Q: How do I activate my new phone once I receive it?
- 14.0.16 Q: Once I place my order online, how soon will my order ship?
- 14.0.17 Q: What cell towers does StraightTalk Wireless use?
- 14.0.18 Q: What plans are available with StraightTalk Wireless?
- 14.0.19 Q: I am already registered but do not have my password, how can I obtain my password?
- 14.0.20 Q: Can I port my existing mobile # to StraightTalk Wireless when I activate?
- 14.0.21 Q: Do you have an activation fee or cancellation fee?
- 14.0.22 Q: Will I receive the full one year OEM/MFG warranty when I purchase a new phone on your website?
- 14.0.23 Q: Do you offer insurance on your phones?
- 14.0.24 Q: What payment types do you take?
- 14.0.25 Q: Are all of the phones on this store unlocked?
- 14.0.26 Q: If I already have StraightTalk Wireless service, can I just purchase a new phone and put my current SIM card in it to keep my existing # and plan?
- 14.0.27 Q: How do I track my package once it has shipped?
- 14.0.28 Q: Can I download music, photos and videos to my phone?
- 14.0.29 Q: Can I sideload content to my phone?
- 14.0.30 Q: Can my phone be used as a modem?
- 14.0.31 Q: Will I be charged more for domestic long-distance calls?
- 14.0.32 Q: Are there roaming charges?
- 14.0.33 Q: Can I text message a friend who’s not on this service?
- 14.0.34 Q: Do I need to program the phone manually?
Straight Talk Phones
Most prepaid MVNOs require an advance payment for their expensive equipment; straightforward. Whether you are interested in the $1,099 iPhone XS Max or the $99 iPhone 6S, you can choose to pay within 24 months of the instalment (once you get a credit check) instead of spending all the money in one lump sum. Not suitable for carriers with lower mobile phone prices, such as the $54 Samsung Galaxy J7. Want to avoid equipment costs altogether? Straight Talk offers some toll-free numbers, such as the refurbished LG Rebel.
Straight Talk phones and other devices
The new grey iPhone X 64GB is priced at $699.99. Who doesn’t like to see your cute selfie on the broken screen? Do your two generations of iPhones have enough storage space? Maybe it’s time to upgrade. Straight Talk has all the latest Apple and Samsung phones, as well as some budget options from other vendors (including retro flip phones for all fashion and old souls). Most mobile phones can be paid in monthly instalments.
Straight Talk Pros and Cons
Pros and cons of Straight Talk cell phone service
|Good deal: $45 for 25GB plan||No mobile hotspot|
|Available nationwide at Walmart||Slow data speeds at times|
|Free and low-cost phones available for sale||Phones with the financing can be costly|
Straight talk Pros
- The backup of all four major networks Service Providers like (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile)
- Budget-Friendly Subscription plans
- They have an excellent selection of new phones
Straight talk Cons
- There Mobile phone Subscription planes bit limited
- Your phone will be connected to one of the four major networks depending on your GEO
and it doesn’t use all the four Networks simultaneously.
- TracFone company, Straight Talk has notoriously bad customer service.
Straight Talk Cell Phone Plans
Here we discuss our two favourite Straight Talk Wireless plans 1 for the low data user, and one for the streaming and browsing enthusiast.
Straight Talk Unlimited Plan with 3GB
If you primarily use your phone for calls and texting and are lightweight, then this Straight Talk may be precisely what you need. The 3GB Ultimate Program gives you unlimited national news and minutes as well as modest 3GB data distribution. Coupled with the reliable network of Straight Talk, this $34 plan is a winner.
Straight Talk Phones Data Coverage
Straight Talk’s services run on all four major US networks – ie. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile, so you can take your phone to Straight Talk anytime, anywhere. Please note that the system you connect to will depend on which carrier your phone comes from; for example, if you carry a phone purchased from Sprint MVNO Virgin Mobile, it will use the Sprint network on Straight Talk.
Why StraightTalk Phones to Consider
1. Inexpensive Plans
If you are looking for a full-featured, feature-rich mobile phone plan without spending a lot of money, then the direct conversation is the right choice. Talking directly to Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile will save you some critical coins – you don’t have to sacrifice that much money in the process.
2. Network Coverage Depends on Device
A common assumption for operators using all four networks is that this will always provide you with coverage for all four systems. Unfortunately, this is not the case; instead, your phone will be bound to one of four, depending on its device type.
3. Prepaid Mean You Prepay
If you work with a post-paid carrier in a country like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile, you may be accustomed to receiving bills and conducting due diligence on a particular day of the month. Straight Talk and any other prepaid mobile phone operators have not done so. Instead, you need to pay for the service in advance.
If you are an uncertain type of next month, let alone a year, you might be interested in a non-contract prepaid mobile phone plan, and Straight Talk is the cheapest prepaid carrier. One is there. Straight Talk uses a different mobile tower than other companies to lower prices.
While this does help Straight Talk stay more affordable (yes!), it also means you will have to do something fancy. This means lower data speeds and no family planning transactions. If you don’t have these luxury items, you can save some money and find some flexibility through Straight Talk. On the kids’ menu, there are Straight Talk’s unlimited talk and text plan 3 GB of data.
This is ideal for teenagers who call even if they should do their homework. For the main course, there are unlimited national text and call plans. You can get higher data limits, which is very useful for users who don’t use your phone. For those people, there is an unlimited data option.
These plans can be very delicious, especially if you compare these low prices to the major operators’ unplanned lists, such as Verizon and T-Mobile, which are always more expensive. Like any delicious buffet, Straight Talk pays for grandma and grandfather. Straight Talk’s cheapest program will provide you with 1,500 minutes of unlimited text and 100 MB of data. Ideal for those who primarily use the Internet to send and receive email without streaming Spotify or Snapchat.
Straight Talk add-ons and deals
Read more at= Straight Talk data add on
- Auto reSubscribe savings: You can save $1 on your monthly bill if you sign up Autopay.
- Extended plans: If you’ve got a few hundred dollars in your pocket, you can pay upfront for discounted three, 6 or 1 year in advance
- Family Plans: Straight Talk has no deals You have to look elsewhere for a family plan.
- Extra data add-on: Used up all your high-speed data mid-month, but now you just need additional data you can buy 1 GB add-ons for $5.
- Global calling add on: Got a relative in Africa or anywhere else Add an international calling card onto any plan for $10.
How good is StraightTalk Phones performance?
For a while, “I lost service” was a convenient excuse to miss the boss’s call. These days, this has not cut it. Most of us expect reliable community service if it’s not our boss, then I (post your sunrise hike killer, or it doesn’t seem to happen) Straight Talk’s network uses a patchwork of other company buildings (including some of the best) Coverage) makes the service a bit confusing.
Your coverage depends on the device you have (CDMA or GSM) and how to set it up using Straight Talk. But for most people, reporting is not a big deal, especially if you live in a big city because all significant networks will cover those. However, your data speed may vary. Tom’s Guide measures the average LTE speed of Straight Talk to 31.1 Mbps. This makes it slower than all major-league players, but still ahead of other discount mobile companies such as Boost and Cricket.
Straight Talk speed and data details
- Fast Data speeds: The LTE averages at 31.1 Mbps downloading and 15.6 Mbps uploading.
- Online Streaming quality: Straight Talk phones contain “data optimizers” that limit you to 480p resolution. So you can still stream, but the quality won’t be excellent.
- Mobile hotspots Acess: No luck here. Straight Talk’s acceptable use policy excludes “all hotspot applications”. Denied!
Straight Talk customer service
Read more here= Straight talk Customer Service
Straight Talk’s customer service is not that simple. Expecting a telecommunications company to provide quality customer service is like expecting a turtle to set a speed record: it doesn’t exist in nature. However, some people are always better than others. So how is Straight Talk measured?
According to JD Power’s 2018 US Wireless Customer Service Study, the survey surveyed more than 14,000 customers, and Straight Talk is one of the lowest-ranked mobile phone companies. (*sad trombone noise*) The company scored lower than T-Mobile, Verizon, Boost, Cricket, etc. But it does beat other budget operators like Tracfone. So there is some good news: if you only need budget services, it may still be worth it. If you need to try the luck of Straight Talk Customer Service, please call 1-877-430-2355.
Is Straight Talk overall good?
Straight Talk’s Spartan mobile app makes things simple, whether it’s a blessing or a curse. This is a right choice if you don’t care about having the fastest speed or extra features. However, if you want clear streaming quality, high-speed hotspots and perfect nationwide coverage, you may want to learn more about traditional programming.
- Straight Talk Plans: Provide a simplified prepaid plan for everyone, from mobile addicts to resistant technology (you know who you are).
- Straight Talk Performance: Decent but confusing report. But this is a data limitation and a lack of hot spots. You have to worry.
- Straight Talk Customer service: We’ll grade on a curve for this category and give Straight Talk a C+.
- Overall: For people with limited budgets, this is an excellent prepaid service, but in terms of performance, Straight Talk can’t compete with big batters.
Straight Talk Plans and pricing
Straight Talk offers some monthly plans at Walmart and elsewhere. In early 2019, some projects added additional data. When I purchased the $45 plan, it included 10GB of high-speed data. Now, the price of 25GB can be purchased at the same price.
This is a good value compared to the $35 monthly plan, which only includes 3GB of high-speed data and then slows down to 2G for the remaining billing cycle. There are indeed unlimited data plans, but they don’t have mobile hotspots and cost up to $60 a month. In addition to monthly programs, Straight Talk also offers discount data plans for three months, six months, and 12 months. The price of the automatic renewal plan is also slightly lower.
Straight Talk Network partners
Straight Talk is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), a mobile phone provider that does not have its tower but works with one or more networks to provide coverage. One of Straight Talk’s selling points is that it works on all Big 4 networks. : Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. It should be noted that this does not mean that you can access all four networks at the same time. You only get one. The system will be selected based on your location and device.
Straight Talk can be used in more than 3,000 Wal-Mart locations across the country, but you can also order SIM cards, service plans, and calls via StraightTalk.com. I eventually purchased a SIM card and a 30-day program from Wal-Mart Electronics, but this is not my initial plan.
Straight to talk Phones Ordering process.
At first, I ordered a SIM card from StraightTalk.com. I haven’t seen FedEx’s SIM card yet and need to sign a small print. Typically, the prepaid carrier will send a SIM card through the US Postal Service and leave it in your mailbox. FedEx said they tried to provide three SIM cards, but there was no left on my door. Eventually, the parcel was sent back to Straight Talk.
Straight Talk Activating service
Once I took the SIM activation kit home from Walmart, I turned it on and chose I used my unlocked Moto G6 to test the AT&T SIM card used by the phone. I followed the step-by-step instructions to get a new phone number, but you can also keep your existing SIM card. After I inserted the SIM card into my phone and followed the instructions provided, I received a message from Straight Talk.
“Your phone or device is in the process of being Activated. Please wait for 5 minutes and then test your service. If after 1 hour your service is still not active, please contact us at 1-877-430-2355. If you have a Remote Alert System, contact us at 1-888-251-8165. For Car Connection, contact us at 1-866-812-2776.”
To save money, you can keep your current phone (check compatibility) and switch to Straight Talk. This is what I did for this test. However, if you are ready to upgrade, wireless providers will also sell iPhones and robots. There are a variety of mobile phones to choose from, including some free plans to purchase budget equipment. If you are unable to pay the full price of your phone, some devices can provide up to 24 months of financing. It is not 0% financing. Therefore, you may want to buy a mobile phone elsewhere.
Call and text
During my 30 days of testing Straight Talk with my AT&T SIM card, I experienced zero-loss and zero-loss text messages at my home in Atlanta, Georgia. In the past, I have encountered more problems with AT&T MVNO than Verizon. Virtual network operator. Not at this time! When I call my family and friends, I always ask them to assess the quality of the call. They said they could hear my voice. Some devices can use Wi-Fi calls, but I can’t try them.
Straight Talk Internet speeds
For people who like streaming video and music, surfing the web and using social media apps, slow data is a big problem. Overall, the data speed of Straight Talk is not impressive. I used the Speedtest app for 10-speed tests with an average speed of fewer than 10 Mbps. This is very fast for streaming, but sometimes YouTube videos will buffer some. Based on my experience testing low-cost handset manufacturers, Verizon MVNO has faster data speeds. One of them, Total Wireless, is owned by the company where Straight Talk is located.
I read a lot of complaints about Straight Talk customer service on the Better Business Bureau website. Still, the agent I interviewed helped me solve the problem of FedEx’s SIM card delivery. In addition to phone and chat support, customers can also send an email to 611611 for assistance. For example, I sent USAGE to 611611 during the 30-day trial of the Straight Talk service and received my data usage summary within a few minutes. If you send the help text to 611611, you will receive the operator’s highest list of help keywords.
Straight Talk Phones
It is a popular prepaid carrier because it makes it easy to save your phone, number, and your favourite network. Pricing is not the lowest price you can find, but the new fee of $25 for a 25GB transaction is very similar to other wireless service provider markets because of “unlimited”. It won’t break the bank. Many people are pleased with Straight Talk, but if you. I don’t recommend it.
- Want the fastest data speeds
- Rely heavily on customer service
- Require mobile hotspot
The good news is that Straight Talk is not your only choice. When I tested Total Wireless and Mint Mobile, I had a better experience. This is another two prepaid mobile phone providers offering affordable price options. Straight Talk Wireless is a prepaid, non-contracted mobile phone provider. Operators offer direct pricing, unlimited calls, unlimited text, and unlimited data plans. Straight Talk is one of the most affordable mobile phone providers.
Customers can choose to spend only $30 a month, or $45 a month. Straight Talk offers different discount rate plans for 30-day non-contract service packages. Straight Talk is the exclusive brand between TracFone and Walmart. One of the benefits of Straight Talk is that Apple and Android operating system devices are compatible with this carrier after replacing the SIM card. Also, Straight Talk customers can earn points to unlock prizes.
Whenever Straight Talk customers update their plans, they earn points, and if customers add automatic supplements, they will double. Customers can also watch short videos and share or recommend their friends on social media to increase their points. When redeeming points, members can get a free service plan or attach a high-speed data card.
Straight Talk Basic Service Plans
Straight Talk’s service is consistent with its advertising privilege and label “Everything for Less.” The basic service plan offered by the operator has an exact selling point and outlines the same services that the Straight Talk customer will receive. These products and services have some limitations, but Straight Talk is very transparent in providing and not providing the content.
All Straight Talk service plans include unlimited national conversations and text. Straight Talk also offers a variety of data plans. Two high-end service levels provide customers with complete data. The only difference between the high-end service levels is that the top-level service level offers unlimited international calls and text messages.
Planned prices range from $35 to $60, and customers can add a global calling card for just $10. You can also use the unlimited plan to prepay more months for the service fee. There are three additional service extensions for the Unlimited Program. They include the following: All of these are Unlimited.
- Three months: $130
- Six months: $255
- One year: $495
Customers can enjoy peace of mind through prepaid phone service one year in advance. For other non-contracted providers, you can only purchase services in monthly increments. Of course, you can deposit enough money in your account to pay for a year, but if you prefer, you can quickly pay for the call through Straight Talk.
Bring Your Own Phone Straight Talk Service
Potential customers can also make calls themselves, and the Customer Service Specialist will provide you with a SIM card so you can use the Straight Talk service. So if you receive a call from the former carrier, sometimes you can keep and transfer it.
Customers can also purchase a SIM card and install it without a representative. Customers should carefully check which devices are compatible and which phones Straight Talk allows, as their compatibility will continue to evolve. If you want to transfer your number to Straight Talk, they can easily “migrate” your previous phone number.
Keeping the same phone and number makes Straight Talk the ideal choice for many different customers. Unfortunately, some phones cannot install the Straight Talk SIM card. Some older iPhone 4 models may not be compatible with SIM cards. There is currently no option to integrate BlackBerry into the Straight Talk service.
Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot
Straight Talk sells portable Wi-Fi hotspot devices. Options include refurbishment of 4G LTE speeds as well as new mobile hotspots and tablets. Please note that these are only compatible with the Straight Talk Data Service Program and do not include the high performance of international services or multiple devices. The service options are as follows:
- 1 GB data (30-day)
- 2 GB data (30-day)
- 4 GB data (60-day)
- 5 GB data (60-day)
- 7 GB data (60-day)
Straight Talk enables trading on a variety of devices, from the latest iPhone and Android phones to free shipping to inexpensive LG, Samsung and Alcatel models. To determine the most beneficial online offers based on your location, enter the zip code, you plan to use the most.
Available at Walmart Locations
Although Straight Talk is part of Wal-Mart, it is an independent entity of retail chains. The representative is always ready to assist the Walmart office or ask questions and activate online. Current customers are also satisfied with the 4G LTE coverage provided by Straight Talk. While operators do not operate their networks, Straight Talk leverages T-Mobile, AT&T, and some of the best systems in the US to provide the best coverage for customers.
- Not Unlimited Data
- Network Redundancy
Potential direct consumers should be aware of some limitations. Consumers have found that some AT&T phones may not be compatible with Straight Talk due to usability issues. In most cases, other carriers’ phones are compatible, but customers should check carefully before switching. Once confirmed, most devices can be easily integrated into Straight Talk’s phone service. Customers are experiencing problems with dropped calls and lost data services. This can be frustrating when customers try to use an internet connection or make a call.
Not Unlimited Data
There are also some problems with data declarations being marked as “unlimited.” For each 30-day service package purchased, the customer gets 3 GB of measurement data. When the limit is more than 3 GB, the data network can be accessed, but the speed is significantly reduced. Most customers say that average customers need 2 GB of data per month. With 100 MB of data in the low-end plan, you can quickly use all your data.
There are also concerns about network redundancy, including the number of other corporate networks used. Some reported dropped calls may be the result of sharing networks with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and other cellular providers.