If you’re looking for a way to watch Netflix on your Nintendo Switch, this blog post will answer all of your questions. I’ll tell you the benefits and drawbacks of each method so that you can choose whichever one is best suited for your needs. Sometimes the task of downloading Netflix on your Nintendo Switch can be tedious and time-consuming.
There are many steps and not all of them are straightforward. However, I’m here to help! In this post, I will walk you through the process and provide tips and tricks for one of the most common queries about installing Netflix on Nintendo Switch. It is possible to install and download Netflix on your switch in just 5 minutes or less.
For those who don’t know what the Nintendo Switch is- it’s an exciting video game console that functions as a portable gaming device! The great thing about the Nintendo Switch is that you can play games like Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild (so cool!) while at home then take it with you anywhere because it has a battery life of 3 hours per charge. It’s perfect for gamers on the go.
Luckily, there’s a way to get Netflix in your Nintendo Switch until it becomes formally available from the e-store. The previous app was downloadable on Wii consoles, but now you’ll have access through an external site as well! So what you see below are the methods that are pure from risking your lovely Nintendo Switch.
- Netflix on Nintendo Switch
- How To Download Netflix On Nintendo Switch?
- Android ROM Benefits On your Nintendo Switch
- Easy Way to Install Netflix On Nintendo Switch
- Why should you use Netflix instead of other streaming services like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video?
- Pros and Cons of Using the Netflix’s on Nintendo Switch for your Viewing Pleasure
- Final Thoughts and Suggestion on Netflix on Nintendo Switch
- Frequently Asked Questions
Netflix on Nintendo Switch
Ever since the Nintendo Switch was released back in March of 2017, it has been a hit with gamers all around the world who have been looking for their new go-to console-like watching Netflix, Youtube, and other streaming services as an entertainment boost for gaming and fun time.
The Nintendo Switch has been a huge success, but there’s one thing that some people are still struggling with – how to download Netflix. Luckily for you in right place here you will find step-by-step instructions on how to get your favorite streaming service up and running on your console in no time.
But while the Switch does have some great games available for purchase already (including Doom, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic), many people are wondering if they can also use it as a media player too?
How To Download Netflix On Nintendo Switch?
It is possible to have your Netflix account running on Nintendo Switch with our given methods prove to successfully launch the Netflix platform for many on all the Nintendo Switches, you will be fine to have your favorite Netflix shows and movies collection in your playtime. Each process has a different approach to the same goal and we have explained all for your help here in this article.
Binge-watching TV on the go is now possible with Netflix for Nintendo Switch. It’s an interesting development, considering that this latest addition to the console lineup runs on a mobile operating system, not a traditional one. But it also means that you no longer have to be tethered to your living room to enjoy all of the benefits of streaming media.
And when it comes right down to it, being able to watch Heels, Star Wars, Sharkdog, and many more while sitting in traffic might just be worth the compromise. Here’s how downloading Netflix for Nintendo Switch works and what are the benefits.
“If you install an Android ROM (Unofficial Switchroot Android 10) to get Netflix on your Nintendo Switch, it comes with risks such as bricking your system or getting banned from online services of Nintendo and it won’t work for all Switch users. However, things get changes when you have done it and might offer some benefits if you are willing to explore more on your portable console.”
Android ROM Benefits On your Nintendo Switch
- You can download and install most apps from outside sources.
- Install emulators and play any Android or iOS game on Nintendo Switch.
- Watching live TV on your console is possible.
- Playing other consoles games with collectible apps will be in your possession.
- Run applications not available on Nintendo Game Store (eShop).
You might have been waiting to know the method to download Netflix on Nintendo Switch. Before we begin, let’s say downloading Netflix for Nintendo Switch isn’t officially meant to happen, and that begs the question of risking your Switch Operating System and installed games. Not all methods are risky but some process consumes a considerable amount of space and resources that will work but not as you expected.
The process that needs to install an Android OS to your Switch brings risks such as bricking your Switch software and loose Nintendo online services and it is only compatible with big boy Nintendo Switch, not the Switch Lite. Takes a couple of minutes to jailbreak and you will have freedom of Android on the Switch console.
However, here we have come up with relatively safe methods to get to Netflix on any Nintendo Switch and no jailbreak is involved. The pure technical knowledge that we have been sitting on it is shared with you in the below steps. Guess what, you won’t need a computer or any backup for your games and system files.
Easy Way to Install Netflix On Nintendo Switch
You can download Netflix on your Nintendo Switch by going to the Nintendo eShop and selecting the Netflix application to install and have your account signed in to access services and watch unlimited TV shows and more. But you don’t have that luxury yet, but pay attention.
There’s a couple of different ways to download Netflix on the Nintendo Switch. One way is through the Netflix website and you can go to netflix.com from your NintendoSwitch and it works when you follow our steps if you already have a subscription, just follow the instructions!
Steps you Need to Access Netflix on the Nintendo Switch
- Go to the System Settings of your Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite.
- Then scroll jump into the “Internet settings” to get the internet configurations.
- It will take you to your Wireless connections where you can see all your connected WiFi networks.
- Tap on your connected WiFi and choose “Change Settings” to get yourself to advance configs.
- Here you will need to change your “DNS Settings.”
- It has a gateway to Netflix and other streaming platforms on Nintendo Switch without being jailbreak.
- You need to change your Automatic DNS to manual by tapping on it.
- It will reveal to you the two options, one is Primary DNS and Secondary DNS servers.
- You need to add “Primary DNS Server Address” to make this work.
- Start typing this DNA address in the given section “22.214.171.124” without quotations.
- Tape Ok and then save the DNS settings to approach the next step.
- After saving tap on “Connect to this Network.”
- It will show a cross and mentions:
- “Registration is required to use this network”
- Now tap on the Next button and have your way to the internet browser hidden in your Nintendo Switch.
- Yep! you can indeed have access to a browser and not any but the official browser that is already placed in the backdoor.
- When you reach the SwitchBru DNS then select “Enter URL” from the given options.
- Here type “netflix.com” and don’t get wrong it may have you repeat the last steps.
- At the correct input of the Netflix URL, you are in the platform.
- HURRAY! now you can enjoy Netflix on Nintendo Switch.
Why should you use Netflix instead of other streaming services like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video?
Netflix allows you to view shows and movies on any device, so it’s easy to watch them anywhere. You can enjoy all your favorite TV shows and movies on Netflix because they have a large variety of content. Hulu, on the other hand, is mostly limited to recent popular TV shows (like Breaking Bad) and movies (like Untold: Crime and Penalties).
Netflix is an online service that lets you watch videos on demand. You can stream popular movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other video content using your computer or Internet-enabled device. The Netflix services are available in almost all the regions around the world in different language dubbings for locals.
If you ask, Netflix is the best video streaming app at present. Although Netflix doesn’t operate on Nintendo Switch (yet) if you are willing to stream Netflix on Nintendo Switch, then we have elaborately what should you can do to have yourself pleasantly watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch.
Pros and Cons of Using the Netflix’s on Nintendo Switch for your Viewing Pleasure
The Netflix application for the Nintendo Switch is very similar to the one on other platforms. It has a search bar and an easy-to-use menu system. The difference, however, is that it’s optimized for the bigger, brighter, and higher resolution screens than a smaller one.
- You can have early access to Netflix, still not available on the Nintendo Switch.
- Because the Nintendo Switch is battery-powered, you can watch movies wherever you want or entertain yourself on the go.
- Netflix has a large collection of movies and TV series to stream Your favorite anywhere with a Nintendo Switch
- No need to visit a TV set or buy a DVD player, no more hassle of setting up a cable.
- Easily watch your favorite TV shows and movies and a wide variety of documentaries.
- Transform your Nintendo Switch to an all-in-one device – watch the play when they’re in the mood.
- The maximum resolution of Netflix on Nintendo Switch is 720p.
- The picture quality of Netflix improves when it is streamed over a larger screen than 6.2 niches Switch display.
- If rooted or jailbreak your console voids warranty and may get you into trouble with Nintendo online services.
- There are no official apps for Netflix on the Nintendo eShop, which means no official support for losing accounts.
Final Thoughts and Suggestion on Netflix on Nintendo Switch
The ability to play compatible games while streaming Netflix is amazing. Netflix is the best video streaming app at this time. While there are no official apps for Netflix on Nintendo Switch, with a little trickery you can get it working on your console! This article is about to brief you about quick methods on Netflix for Nintendo Switch, and streaming through an application isn’t possible right now but fortunately, there are some tricks to get Netflix working on your console! This article covers all that stuff. Hopefully, you have what you looking for and get Netflix on your Nintendo Switch. Entertainment is one of those things that come naturally for many people then I bet they would choose watching movies online from their preferred platform like Netflix where there will be a wide range of content available at any given time including documentaries as well – perfect if this sounds anything like how you enjoy getting entertained with a Nintendo Switch too with the help of a simple trick.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to download Youtube and Netflix on Nintendo Switch?
You can watch youtube and Netflix on Nintendo switch but with an unofficial trick that does work when you have an active WiFi connection. If you want the other way around to boot Android OS on your Switch. You have to change the DNS address to manual and add the address that is given. Doing that will get your Nintendo Switch to the potential web where you can make use of Netflix on the Nintendo Switch while traveling for vacations or business trips.
Is Netflix on Nintendo Switch Lite?
Did you know that Netflix is a great way to watch movies and TV shows? It’s true! You’ll get all the latest releases, documentaries, independent films. But having it on Nintendo Switch Lite requires one way to deal with the requirements and that needs you to change the DNS server address to “126.96.36.199” to make it possible to access Netflix on your Nintendo Switch Lite without installing Android.
How To Download Netflix On Nintendo Switch?
Not officially, you can have Netflix on your Nintendo Switch. The best way at the moment is to download an Android OS on your Nintendo Switch. While there is another trick that lets you have Netflix without getting jailbreak your Nintendo Switch goes through a specific DNS server. With that method, you can have Netflix running till Nintendo launches the official app for streaming.